Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wicked Dank CRF Conversion

I have been looking into turning my 2003 CRF 450 into a street legal supermoto machine. I am still up in the air about what kit I want to get or if I want to piece it together myself. The first kit that I found was from Motostrano. They actually have many kits buts since I am interested in road use the Street Legalizer was the kit that caught my eye. This kit includes everything that I would need to make my CRF street legal and more.


  • Continental Supermoto Tires 120 Front, 150 Rear (SET)
  • Warp 9 Supermoto Wheels, 17x3.50 front mated with a 17x4.25 rear
  • Set of Supermoto Size Tubes
  • Stainless Steel Wave Brake 320MM Front Rotor
  • Anodized Brake Caliper Relocator
  • Rear Steel Rotor
  • 7075 T6 Aluminum Sprocket
  • Acerbis Dimension Universal Headlight, DOT Approved
  • Acerbis LED Universal Brake Tail Light, DOT Approved
  • 4 Universal DOT Turn Signals, DOT Approved
  • Universal Control switch with Signals, Headlight, Horn, On/Off
  • Universal Wiring Harness
  • Universal Front and rear brake light switches
  • Universal Horn mechanism
  • Pair of Acerbis universal off-road mirrors.
  • Universal Reflective Strip Kit (RED)
  • Universal Relay Flasher
  • Acerbis Supermoto Fender (BLACK)

I also found this kit from Epic Motorsports that is just about the same kit as Motostrano but it is 100 bucks less. I do not care about the $100 difference when I am spending $1600 I just want to get the highest quality possible.


  • Warp9 Supermoto wheel set (3.5x17 front, 4.25x17 rear)
  • Continental Conti-Force SM DOT Tires (120/70-17 front, 150/60-17 rear)
  • 320mm Front wave rotor
  • Billet anodized front caliper adapter bracket
  • Rear wave rotor
  • 17" tube set
  • Polisport MMX headlight
  • Acerbis LED tail light
  • Acerbis supermoto front fender
  • Stainless steel front brake line
  • Front and rear hydraulic brake switches
  • 44-47T rear sprocket
  • Stator with lighting coil
  • Universal Voltage Regulator/wiring kit
 

Any one have any ideas or better packages that I could use to turn my 03 CRF 450 into a street shreddin machine!!!

No comments: