Sunday, February 28, 2010
Tosh.0 is My.0: Media Meditation #4
Tosh.0 is hilarious and I think that everyone should check it out. It is a show that is based on viral videos that are posted to the internet and he makes fun of them. Daniel Tosh is a comedian and with his personality he makes the show fun and very funny.
Technology Shift
This is the perfect example of the technological shift in media. Since the convergence to web 2.0 users have gained the power to create content. With sites like YouTube, flicker, and vimeo it has made it really easy for anyone to share their videos and pictures. Sites such as blogger, wordpress, and tumblr have made it easy for people to share their thoughts and ideas. Tosh.0 is the show that you watch to get all of your viral videos of the week in one dose. The way that we get our information is shifting: newspapers to websites, mail to email, telephone to Skype, it is all shifting to digital. In a way we make up our own news. We can post anything we want on the internet and anyone can see it and share it. The people decide what is going to be on Tosh.0. If 4,000,000 people watch a video online about a person making egg salad that video will be on Tosh.0 for sure.
Individual Meaning
For me I love this show. I think it is hilarious and brilliant. But other people might not feel the same way I do. Some may say that it is stupid and a waste of time. That is fine everything has a different meaning for everyone else. For most a video with an older man singing a song called pants on the group is just another video in the clutter. But for me I have great respect for that video. It was the first viral video of 2010 getting over 1,000,000 views and this man got famous for being himself and singing his song. For me Tosh.0 means that I can see all the hilarious web videos in one spot. I don’t have to surf the web to find what is hot.
Humor
Humor is the biggest factor with Tosh.0. The show revolves around the comedy provided by Daniel Tosh. I am a guy that enjoys humor, I need it, and Tosh.0 is very funny to me, it helps me escape. For the 30 minutes that his show is on I take a break from the everyday struggle and enjoy to comedic relief provided by Tosh.0. Thank you Dan for being hilarious.
Plain Folks
The people in the videos are regular people, they are average Joe’s. Because these are real people in the videos it makes them even more powerful. It is one thing to see a Bud Light commercial of a dog biting a man's crotch, but it is another to see the neighbor’s dog muckle on to the crotch of the mail man. It is real and you know that it is real, it has authenticity.
Tosh.0 is a great show and it is on Wednesday’s at 10:30pm. I suggest you at least check out a show and if you are staying with the times and have a twitter you can tweet with Daniel Tosh during the show! It’s pretty cool to hear his point of view off the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment